• Today will be sunny, with a high near 46 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25 early, with a a northeast wind around 15 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 22. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 49, and Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.
• There are just two days left to subscribe to The Beacon’s print edition in order to receive April’s issue in your mailbox. Subscriptions are just $20 per year, online here.
• In the wee hours of Saturday morning, East Enders were boarding buses bound for Washington, and heading into New York on the train to take part in March for Our Lives rallies in support of gun control. But for those who couldn’t make it to the big marches, Sag Harbor’s march proved to be a boisterous affair that topped attendance expectations. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Funeral arrangements have been set for Tech. Sgt. Dashan Briggs of the 106th Air National Guard Rescue Wing who lost his life with six other airmen, three of whom were posted at the Westhampton Beach base, in a helicopter crash in Iraq on March 15. Visitation for Tech. Sgt. Briggs, a 2007 Riverhead High School graduate, will be Wednesday, March 28 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Westhampton Beach Fire Department at 92 Sunset Ave, with the service to follow, also at the Westhampton Beach Fire Department, on Thursday, March 29 at 10 a.m. Tech. Sgt. Briggs will be buried at Calverton National Cemetery. A GoFundMe page has been set up to support his family online here.
• Guild Hall’s first Game Night is tonight, beginning at 6 p.m. Today’s games cultivate creativity, problem solving, social skills, and dexterity through clever game design. Game Master Noah Salaway joins Guild Hall in celebrating the tabletop revolution, playing some of the best modern games on the market the last Monday of each month. More details are online here. [$10/Members Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:07 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:15 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
Greenport: 6:44 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:25 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:06 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:13 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:05 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:09 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:17 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Greenport: 7:46 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:32 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:41 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:08 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:15 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:14 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.