This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.20.20
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 58 degrees and a southwest wind 16 to 18 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 28 miles per hour. We’re expecting increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 48. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 60 degrees and Sunday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.
• While the positivity rate for the Covid-19 coronavirus is currently averaging about 3.5 percent throughout Suffolk County over the past five days, the communities of Hampton Bays and Riverhead both currently have significantly higher positivity rates, and the county is ramping up virus testing in both communities to determine the degree of the spread there. Here’s our full story.
• Suffolk County reported 431 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Thursday, with 3.2 percent of people tested in that time testing positive. There are currently 112 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 18 of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 2,030 people.
• Democratic Suffolk County Elections Commissioner Anita Katz reported late Thursday afternoon that the Board of Elections has to date counted 82,868 out of about 169,000 absentee ballots cast in the Nov. 3 general election. We will have more details as they become available.
• Peconic Bay Medical Center is holding its annual Caregivers Retreat virtually on Facebook this morning at 11 a.m. Here’s how to join.
• North Fork Audubon hosts an interpretive walk with Dr. J Bret Bennington about the glacial erratics (large boulders) found along the north shore of the North Fork this Saturday at 11 a.m. at their Greenport headquarters. Here’s how to sign up.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:23 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:31 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Greenport: 2 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:55 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:55 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:22 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:29 a.m., 3:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:40 a.m., 1 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:09 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:25 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:33 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Greenport: 3:02 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:54 a.m., 4:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:57 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:24 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:31 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:39 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.