• Today will be sunny, with a high near 50 degrees and wind chill values between 25 and 35 early. Wind will be out of the northwest around 7 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 44 by 5 a.m. ahead of a heavy rain Tuesday, mainly after 10 a.m. The high Tuesday will be near 61 degrees, with a southeast wind 7 to 12 miles per hour, increasing to 16 to 21 in the afternoon. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches are possible. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 58 and a 60 percent chance of rain after 1 p.m.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association meets tonight to discuss “What Do You Want Mattituck-Laurel to Look Like in the Future” tonight, Nov. 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion Hall on the northeast corner of Wickham Avenue and Pike Street. The group will discuss the role of Southold Town’s Architectural Review Committee. More details are online here.
• If you missed Friday’s audition for the North Fork Community Theatre’s Variety Show, don’t fear. Auditions continue this Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 7 p.m. at the theater. All kinds of acts are welcome, and they’re looking forward to seeing yours.
• Today is the last day for Kent Animal Shelter’s post-Thanksgiving free adoption weekend, with adoption fees waived through the support of Zappos. The Kent Animal Shelter is at 2259 S River Road in Calverton. For more information, call 631.727.5731.
• Suffolk County is convening public hearings this week on the Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement for its Reclaim Our Waters initiative. Hearings will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 6 p.m. at the Suffolk County Water Authority’s Education Center at 260 Motor Parkway in Hauppauge and on Thursday, Dec. 1 at 6 p.m. at the Suffolk Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center at 20 East Main Street in Riverhead. More information is online here.
• Christmas lightings continue throughout this week, with the lighting of The Big Duck in Flanders on Wednesday and lightings in Sag Harbor, Hampton Bays and Riverhead over the weekend. Our full Christmas listings are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 7:54 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Orient: 8:55 a.m., 9:21 p.m.
Greenport: 9:23 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:18 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:45 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:52 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:08 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 8:34 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Orient: 9:35 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Greenport: 10:03 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:58 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 11:25 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:32 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:44 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.