This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.8.17
• Today will start out cloudy, gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 52 degrees and a north wind 8 to 17 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy frost overnight, with a low around 29. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55, and Friday will be sunny and breezy, with a high near 43.
• By far the greatest upset on the East End this election day is Democratic Riverhead Town Supervisor candidate Laura Jens-Smith’s overthrow of incumbent Riverhead Town Supervisor Sean Walter. Ms. Jens-Smith will be the first female town supervisor in Riverhead’s history. Our full election coverage is online here.
• The Southold Town Board will hold a work session this morning at 9 a.m., budget hearings at 4 p.m. and budget hearings and a regular meeting this evening at 7 p.m. Their full agenda for the work session and regular meeting is online here.
• Southold Town will also hold a special joint meeting to discuss water supply and demand with the Suffolk County Water Authority, the Southold Town Board, the Southold Town Planning Board and the Southold Town Water Conservation Committee this afternoon, Nov. 8 at 2 p.m. at the Southold Town Meeting Hall. The public is welcome to attend.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold its regular meeting today at 2 p.m., with public hearings on the town’s 2018 budget and on classifying pet waste as “litter.”
• There’s just one weekend left, beginning tomorrow evening, to catch Hampton Theatre Company’s current production of “Clever Little Lies” in Quogue. Read our review online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:20 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:53 a.m.
Greenport: 12:57 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:57 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:52 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:19 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:26 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:05 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:20 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:28 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Greenport: 1:57 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:56 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:52 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:19 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:26 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:06 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.