• Today will be mostly cloudy early, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 50 degrees. We’re expecting a west wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 33 degrees. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 48 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35 early. Saturday is expected to be sunny, with a high near 48 and Sunday is expected to be sunny, with a high near 51.
• The Suffolk County Legislature has just made it easier for businesses in the county to apply for loans for renewable energy projects. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The eighth annual Hamptons Take 2 Documentary Film Festival kicks off today, Dec. 3, promising four days and 30 films in an event whose mantra has become “all docs, all day.” Our recap of the weekend’s films is available online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the Brownfields Opportunity Area study of downtown, Suffolk County Planning information and traffic light maintenance at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on six proposed Community Preservation Fund acquisitions at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.