• It will be cloudy today, with a high temperature near 75 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2 p.m., with an east wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. We’re expecting overnight showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10 p.m., with a low around 66. Thursday will be cloudy, with a high near 78 degrees and a 50 percent chance of showers. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 81 and patchy fog before 8 a.m.
• All three of the East End’s state legislators are calling for New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to resign or be impeached in response to a damning report about his conduct toward women released Tuesday by State Attorney General Letitia James. Read more.
• Peconic Bay Medical Center’s Executive Director is urging residents to get vaccinated against Covid-19. “The vaccination rates deeply lower our odds to control, and in time, defeat the Covid-19 virus,” she writes. “This puts health care workers, teachers, students, and families of students at high risk.” Read more.
• Members of the Concerned Citizens of Montauk are celebrating the Fort Pond Floating Wetlands project, in which 7,200 carefully selected native plants were planted and secured into custom mats in the pond, is just one of several approaches aimed at reducing pollutant loadings in Fort Pond and Montauk’s surrounding waterbodies. Read more on our sister website, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The Mudflats perform a free concert of traditional American music on the Old Point Schoolhouse Lawn at the Oysterponds Historical Society, 1555 Village Lane in Orient this evening at 7 p.m.
• The HooDoo Loungers perform at Southold’s Summer Showcase Concert Series at Silversmith’s Corner (Route 25 and Youngs Avenue) this evening at 7:30 p.m. The rain location is Southold’s First Presbyterian Church.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:48 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:56 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Greenport: 8:25 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:12 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:20 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:47 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:54 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:39 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:48 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:34 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:42 a.m., 8 p.m.
Greenport: 9:11 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:01 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:06 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:33 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:40 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:33 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:42 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.