This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.5.21
• Showers are likely today, mainly before 1 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 75, with a north wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 61. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 85. There’s 20 percent chance of showers after 3 p.m. Saturday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 84.
• The New York Blood Center holds a Community Blood Drive at Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital, 201 Manor Place in Greenport from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today. Appointments are recommended, online here.
• Suffolk County reported 284 new cases of Covid-19 on Aug. 3, with 3.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 72 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 16 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities, and the death toll here stands at 3,414 people.
• Bay Street Theatre’s summer production of “Camelot: A Concert Musical Under The Stars,” opens this evening at 2011 Montauk Highway, Bridgehampton and will run Tuesdays through Saturdays at 7:30 p.m., Sundays at 5 p.m. through Aug. 29. This new envisioning of Camelot and the story of King Arthur, Guenevere, and Lancelot is told with intimacy, immediacy, and incandescent passion. Tickets range from $45 to $125 and are available at baystreet.org.
• The International Center of Photography hosts its first of three Street Photography Talks with Richard Renaldi on “Touching Strangers” this evening at 7 p.m. at Southampton Arts Center, 25 Jobs Lane in Southampton. Here’s more info on the series.
• Hallockville Museum Farm at 6038 Sound Avenue in Riverhead hosts Drive-In Live Music with Not Quite Dead this evening at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20/Person or $50/Car and are available at hallockville.org.
• The Westhampton Cultural Consortium Gazebo Concert Series presents Swingtime Big Band this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Westhampton Beach Village Green, 9 Beach Road, Westhampton Beach. The rain location is at the Westhampton Beach High School Auditorium.
• Weather permitting, Southbound Country Band performs a free concert in Good Ground Park, 9A Squiretown Road, Hampton Bays this evening at 7 p.m.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:34 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:42 a.m., 8 p.m.
Greenport: 9:11 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:01 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:06 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:33 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:40 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:33 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:42 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:17 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:25 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
Greenport: 9:54 a.m., 10:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:46 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:49 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:16 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:23 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:21 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:30 a.m., 6:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.