• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 57 degrees and a west wind 13 to 17 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 35. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 49 and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
• A proposal to create a new, unique zip code for the hamlets of Flanders, Riverside, and Northampton, in the Town of Southampton, passed the House of Representatives yesterday unanimously by voice vote. East End Congressman Lee Zeldin spoke on the House floor to express his support for the bill before the vote. You can watch the video online here.
• The annual Big Duck holiday lighting in Flanders has been rescheduled for tonight after all, after rain sent planners scrambling to reschedule last night’s festivities, which will now begin at 7 p.m. tonight. Our full holiday lighting schedule for the week ahead is online here.
• The ninth annual Hamptons Take 2 Documentary Film Festival is once again bringing a series of intense and fascinating documentaries to Sag Harbor for four days, beginning this morning at 10:30 a.m. Find more details, and a full schedule of films, online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear updates on the Bridgehampton and Sagaponack erosion control districts at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on affordable accessory apartments, a change in the town code section regarding employee compensations, a scenic and conservation easement and on the Montauk Fire District contract and the Promised Land Fire Protection District at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• Suffolk County is convening a public hearing in Riverhead tonight on the Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement for its Reclaim Our Waters initiative. The hearing will be held at 6 p.m. at the Suffolk Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Center at 20 East Main Street in Riverhead. More information is online here.
MTK Hbr: 9:56 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
Orient: 10:57 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Greenport: 11:25 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:20 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 12:36 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:43 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:54 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:37 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Orient: 11:38 a.m.
Greenport: 12:06 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:01 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 1:19 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
S. JPT: 1:26 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:29 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.