• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 49 degrees and a north wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 31. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 54 and Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
• The Southold Town Board is slated to discuss this winter’s Winterfest economic development series at wineries, issues raised by the town’s transportation commission, an update on the Fishers Island Seagrass Management Coalition and changes to town beach parking and transfer station permits at their 9 a.m. meeting this morning. The board has several public hearings slated for its 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon, on transient rentals, Zoning Board fees, filming requirements, an amendment to the town’s water supply map and on opting out of cannabis sales. Here’s the agenda for both meetings, the Zoom link for the work session is here and the Zoom link for the afternoon meeting is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss recommendations for architecture and engineering services for its proposed new senior center in Springs at its 11 a.m. work session. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss the town’s municipal wastewater treatment and an update on Covid-19 at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon, which can be viewed live here.
• Even on the internet, there are plenty of ways to shop local this season, and we’ll be highlighting a few in the Morning Bulletin this week. Today, visit Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor’s Bookshop online store, along with the works of local artists and artisans at the Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild’s online store.
• Suffolk County reported 918 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Dec. 12, with 7.9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 278 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 54 in ICU. The county reported five new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,717 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:23 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:31 a.m., 5:51 p.m.
Greenport: 7 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:45 am., 8:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:55 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:22 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:29 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:22 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:31 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:05 a.m., 7:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:13 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Greenport: 7:42 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:31 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:37 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:04 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:11 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:10 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:19 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.