• Today will be cloudy, with a high near 37 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a northwest wind 5 to 8 miles per hour, becoming calm in the afternoon. There’s a chance of snow before 10 p.m. tonight, turning to rain and snow overnight, with a low of 33 and new snow accumulation of less than half an inch possible. We’re expecting rain on Tuesday, with a high near 41. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
• Santa’s headed south this week, at least in the world of Tim Kelly’s Between the Lines. Appears the Jolly Red present-giver is wanted to answer questions before Congress.
• The Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center is commemorating the third anniversary of the fire that nearly destroyed the cinema today with a visit with Santa and a free screening of “Cinema Paradiso” this evening at 6 p.m. at Bay Street Theatre. More details are online here. The cinema is expected to reopen in the spring.
• If painting and sipping isn’t your cup of tea but you’d still like to explore your artistic impulses, Guild Hall has a new series called “Drink and Draw with Me” beginning this Thursday, Dec. 19 at 7 p.m. at Townline BBQ in Sagaponack. More details are online here.
• Northeast Stage is presenting a staged reading of “A Christmas Carol” next Saturday, Dec. 21 at 3 p.m. at Holy Trinity Church in Greenport, a fundraiser for its 2020 Shakespeare in the Park production of “Taming of the Shrew” in Greenport’s Mitchell Park. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:46 a.m.
Greenport: 1:01 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:56 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:23 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:30 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:42 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:51 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:18 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:26 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Greenport: 1:55 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:50 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:50 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:17 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:24 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:33 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:51 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.