• We’re expecting partly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 58 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 15 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 26. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after 10 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies overnight and a low around 46. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 56. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, with a high near 45.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the town’s November police report, recreation department fees and a special permit for a one-story office building at 347 Main Road in Aquebogue at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The East Hampton Town Board holds a regular meeting this morning at 11 a.m., at which they’re slated to hold a public hearing on a new law regarding monitoring groundwater impacts from composting, mining and mulch production. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel. A call-in number for the public hearings will be displayed on the screen.
• There will be a New York Blood Center blood drive in Tanger II, Suite 1704, Tanger Outlets Drive in Riverhead tomorrow, Dec. 17, from 1:30 to 7:30 p.m. Blood is urgently needed, as many blood drives have seen much lower turnout during the pandemic. Appointments are recommended, and can be made online here.
• Hampton Ballet Theatre’s 12th Annual “Nutcracker opens tomorrow night at the Avram Theater at Stony Brook Southampton College, 70 Tuckahoe Road in Southampton. Showtimes are Dec. 17 at 7 p.m., Dec. 18 at 1 and 7 p.m. and Dec. 19 at 2 p.m. Tickets range from $20 to $45 and can be purchased at hamptonballettheatreschool.com.
• The Beacon’s Holiday Subscription sale is on — now through the end of the year, one-year subscriptions to our print are half price for readers of the Morning Bulletin. Access the store online here — if your subscription is a gift, we’ll send a card to your recipient notifying them of their new subscription.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:45 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:53 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
Greenport: 8:22 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:17 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:44 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:51 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:54 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:03 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:24 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:32 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
Greenport: 9:01 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:55 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:56 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:23 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:30 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:34 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:43 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.