This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.17.21
• It will be sunny today, with a high near 57 degrees and a west wind 8 to 14 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 24 mph. There’s a 40 percent chance of overnight rain, with a low around 33. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, with a high near 43 degrees. Skies will clear on Sunday, with a high near 43.
• Suffolk County reported 1,800 new cases of Covid-19 on Wednesday, Dec. 15, with 8.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 294 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 52 patients in ICU. The county reported five new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,731 people since March of 2020. As of Wednesday, there were 784 hospital beds available in the county, 25 percent of the total number of hospital beds. Countywide, 69.9 percent of the total population has received a full Covid-19 vaccination series, with 80.6 percent of the population ages 12 and over fully vaccinated.
• There will be a New York Blood Center blood drive in Tanger II, Suite 1704, Tanger Outlets Drive in Riverhead this afternoon and evening from 1:30 to 7:30 p.m. Blood is urgently needed, as many blood drives have seen much lower turnout during the pandemic. Appointments are recommended, and can be made online here.
• Carols and Cookies returns tonight at 5 p.m. to the Jamesport Meeting House, with a performance by the Riverhead High School Chamber Chorus. Here are more details.
• The Riverhead Santa parade and bonfire has been rescheduled to this Sunday, Dec. 19, after last week’s storm. The parade begins at 3 p.m. Here are more details.
• The South Fork Natural History Museum at 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike will be the site of a Full Cold Moon Hike on Saturday, Dec. 18 at 5:30 p.m. Join Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt for this free monthly full moon hike. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:24 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:32 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
Greenport: 9:01 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:55 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:56 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:23 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:30 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:34 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:43 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:04 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:12 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Greenport: 9:41 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:34 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:36 a.m., 10:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:03 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:10 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:11 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:20 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.