• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 54 degrees and a southwest wind 14 to 18 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers tonight, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers Tuesday, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 57 degrees. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers Wednesday, mainly after noon, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 59 degrees.
• Temperatures are expected to stay well above freezing straight through the end of the week, making the odds of a White Christmas slim to none. But we will have a full moon this Christmas night, for the first time since 1977.
• The Riverside community is expecting to show up en masse at Southampton Town’s 1 p.m. town board meeting at town hall tomorrow to hear the board vote on the Riverside Revitalization Action Plan, paving the way for a zoning overlay district that many hope will breathe new life into their blighted hamlet.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge is celebrating the winter solstice tomorrow evening with a nighttime walk through the forest looking and listening for nocturnal creatures under the light of the moon. Th 1 mile walk around Old Ice Pond begins at 4:30 p.m. Reservations are required by today! More information is online here. [$5 members/$10 non-members]
• East End Rowing, a community rowing club at 30 McDermott Avenue in Riverhead is offering a free rowing instruction session to Riverhead Town residents next Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 6:30 p.m. The session will cover the basic rigging of rowing shells and the proper way to use indoor rowing machines. For more information, call 516.241.8727 or visit their website here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.