• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 45 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35 early, with a west wind 10 to 15 miles per hour increasing to 17 to 22 in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 30. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain Friday, mainly after 4 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 44. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 36.
• The news surrounding the use of e-cigarettes is changing quickly, and with it comes much confusion amongst parents over how to react to their kids’ use of vaping devices. Members of the Riverhead Community Coalition for Safe and Drug-Free Youth are working to help keep ahead of this news. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a 10:30 a.m. closed door executive session to discuss an “employee investigation” this morning, followed by an open work session at which they will discuss the town’s Climate Smart Communities pledge, infrastructure work at Plant 5 at EPCAL and changes to the town’s special events code. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will review its draft agenda for its Dec. 10 meeting and discuss town board members’ projects at its 12:30 p.m. work session this afternoon. The full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a public hearing at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening on efforts to improve and streamline its septic system upgrade rebate program. More details are online here.
• The annual 10X10=$100 art show and sale to benefit the North Fork Environmental Council and Peconic Public Broadcasting opens tomorrow night at VSOP Projects in Greenport for previews, with a special performance by the Hidden City Orchestra. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:48 a.m., 4:06 p.m.
Greenport: 5:17 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:50 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:12 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:39 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:46 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:27 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:36 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:32 a.m., 5:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Greenport: 6:09 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:41 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:04 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:31 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:38 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:17 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:26 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.