• We’re expecting rain today, mainly before 3 p.m., with patchy fog before 9 a.m. and a high near 46 degrees, with an east wind around 7 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 30. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 42. We’re expecting rain overnight Wednesday and into Thursday, mainly before 9 a.m., then a chance of showers after noon Thursday, with a high near 48 degrees.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss a water conservation partnership with the Suffolk County Water Authority, social media, solar at the town landfill and Suffolk County’s hazard mitigation plan at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. There are no public hearings scheduled for their 7 p.m. regular meeting this evening. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss affordable rentals, music permits, airport lighting and maintenance and ridesharing at its 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on several CPF acquisitions, improvements to the Hampton Bays Water District and requiring digital submissions of some subdivision applications at its 1 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon.
•The Greenport Gazette’s Poetry Jam 2020 is taking flight this Saturday, Feb. 15 with an evening of poetry featuring local poets Stella Keating Billy Hands
and Vivian Eyre at The Lin Beach House in Greenport. More details are online here.
• Sylvester Manor Educational Farm, in partnership with Eastville Community Historical Society, will present their sixth annual Black History Month Celebration on Sunday, Feb. 23 from 2 to 4 p.m. at Bay Street Theatre, 1 Bay Street in Sag Harbor. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:13 a.m., 11:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:21 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Greenport: 11:50 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:27 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:45 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:48 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:55 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:21 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:30 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:12 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Greenport: 12:17 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:15 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:12 a.m., 12:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:39 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:46 a.m., 2:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:14 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:23 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.