• We’re expecting a slight chance of freezing rain before 9 a.m. today, then a chance of rain, with cloudy skies and a high temperature near 38 degrees, with a northeast wind around 9 miles per hour and wind chill values between 25 and 30. We’re expecting freezing rain overnight, with a steady temperature around 33 and little or no ice accumulation expected. We’re expecting rain on Tuesday, with freezing rain in the morning and sleet after 2 p.m., with a steady temperature around 34 degrees. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
• Today is Presidents Day, and post offices, most banks and the stock market are closed today, while kids are out of school all week for winter break.
• People of any age with certain pre-existing medical conditions will be eligible to be vaccinated against Covid-19 in New York State beginning today, though appointments are still difficult to come by. Here’s a full list of the qualifying conditions.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell issued a scathing rebuke of the rollout of the Covid-19 vaccination program on Friday, which has left both North and South Forkers with few local options for receiving the vaccine.
• East Hampton Town is seeking vaccines against Covid-19 from Suffolk County and New York State in a plan to open a community vaccination center, and was looking earlier this month for volunteers from the community for help in running it. Here’s more information.
• On Saturday, Feb. 13, 4.4 percent of Covid-19 tests in Suffolk County were positive, with 4.8 percent of tests coming back positive on a seven-day rolling average. There were 580 people hospitalized with the virus in Suffolk County, with 20 percent of hospital beds available, and eight new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 2,944 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:22 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
Greenport: 12:31 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:24 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:26 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:53 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:25 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:34 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:39 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
Greenport: 1:16 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:05 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:11 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:38 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:45 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:17 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.