• There’s a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 53 degrees and a south wind 5 to 13 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 29. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 47. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 67, and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
• New Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith shared some bad news about the town’s financial state and crumbling infrastructure during her first State of the Town Address Tuesday evening, but pledged to work hard to turn the town around during her time in office. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southold Town is inviting homeowners surrounding badly eroded Hashamomuck Cove to discuss options for a special erosion taxing district for their community on Thursday, April 12 from 11 a.m. to noon in the Southold Town Hall meeting room.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss helicopter noise, “residential importation,” the public authority meeting schedule and an engineering intern at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the town’s solid waste management plan, design and construction costs for the Shinnecock Maritime Park, enhanced agricultural easements and town board members’ projects at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Peconic Community School will present its third annual Maker Fair & Food Truck Rally this coming Saturday, April 14. More details are online here.
• Bridgehampton High School is looking for community members to share their experience working in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math fields for their STEAM Day to be held on April 24. Information on getting involved is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:16 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:24 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Greenport: 8:53 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:35 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:15 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:22 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:16 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:56 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:04 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Greenport: 9:33 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:20 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:28 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:55 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:02 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:03 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.