Good Morning! This springy weather is bringing the gardeners and artists out of the woodwork across the East End.
• With the warming weather over the past couple days, community garden organizers began waking up and sending out information on how to get a bed for the season. Hallockville’s plot reservation information is online here. To apply to join the River and Roots Community Garden in downtown Riverhead, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To join the Charnews Farm community garden in Southold, email Denise Markut at DMarkut@peconiclandtrust.org. To join the New Suffolk Waterfront Community Garden, email email@example.com. To join the EECO Farm in East Hampton, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Sound Avenue Grange Hall is available for lease to social enterprise or non-profit groups looking for a new home. Please visit their website to read the Request for Proposals for Adaptive Re-Use of the Sound Avenue Grange. What will the next chapter be in long story of this lovely North Fork building?
• East End Arts is hosting a conversation with Lisa Robb, Executive Director of New York State Council on the Arts, at The Suffolk Theater on Monday, Feb. 24 at 11 a.m. This event was rescheduled from Feb. 3 due to snow. Hear about the agency’s plans for the 2014-15 grants program and learn more about the newly required Grants Gateway process. Register here by Friday, Feb. 21.
• This year’s annual Poetry at Poquatuck celebration at Poquatuck Hall in Orient will be held March 1. Suffolk County Poet Laureate Pramila Venkaetswaran and former county poet laureats Ed Stever and Tammy Nuzzo-Morgan will join North Fork poets David Berson, Miranda Beeson, Vivian Eyre, Billy Hands, Jason Hefter and Yvonne Lieblein, and the art of Megan Barron, Gail Horton, Kristian Iglesias, Estefany Molina, Holly Mastrangelo, Cindy Pease-Roe, Rita Rooney and Nadira Vlaun will be on display. It all begins at 7 p.m. More information is online here.
• The Musical Suspects of Sag Harbor (Terry Sullivan, Dan Koontz & Bill & Ben Chaleff) will lead songs in memory of Pete and Toshi Seeger at Christ Episcopal Church this Saturday, Feb. 22 from 3 to 5 p.m. Everyone’s welcome to come and sing along. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.