This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.19.20
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 48 degrees and a northwest wind 8 to 13 miles per hour, increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 18. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 35 and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 34.
• The face of downtown Riverhead, long blighted by empty storefronts, could change dramatically in the coming years, after both Riverhead Town and the Long Island Science Center received grants from the Empire State Development Corporation in December of 2019 to begin a major redevelopment of properties at the heart of Main Street. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southold Anti-Bias Task Force is hosting “Synergy 2020,” billed as a “series of respectful and open conversations between the Southold Town Police Department and all members of the community” this evening from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library. More details are online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this evening at 6 p.m. There are no public hearings on their agenda.
• Drawdown East End presents a discussion on changes that can be made to make our power grid more resilient in three separate sessions at Southampton’s Rogers Memorial Library next week. More details are online here.
• The Peconic Estuary Program is seeking prospective citizen scientists interested in learning how to scour our local waterways this spring in search of alewives swimming upstream to spawn. They’re holding two educational sessions on the subject next week. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:42 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:50 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Greenport: 7:19 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:04 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:14 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:41 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:48 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:40 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:49 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:31 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
Greenport: 8:08 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:59 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:03 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:30 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:37 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:37 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:46 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.