• Today will be sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a northwest wind 5 to 10 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 55. There’s a 20 percent chance of shower tomorrow, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 78.
• The Mattituck American Legion Hall is hosting a dinner for members and would-be members tomorrow night at 7 p.m. at Touch of Venice restaurant in Cutchogue to discuss whether the legion post should close. If you’d like to attend, please contact Art Tillman at Caylea30@aol.com or by calling 631.298.9587. More details are online here.
• Group for the East End presents a family screening of “A Plastic Ocean” tonight at 6 p.m. at Downs Farm Preserve in Cutchogue. More details are online here.
• The Second Annual South Fork 100 percent Renewable Energy Forum will be held on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 from 1 to 6 p.m. at LTV Studios in Wainscott. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s July print edition is about to go to press! Subscribe this week to get it delivered to your mailbox — you’ll see most stories there before they appear online. You can subscribe online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:28 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Greenport: 12:24 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:22 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:19 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:46 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:53 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:50 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:42 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:24 p.m.
Greenport: 1:19 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:15 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:14 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:41 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:48 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:47 a.m., 11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.