• There’s 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, mainly between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80 and a south wind 5 to 14 miles per hour. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 70. Showers and thunderstorms are likely Saturday, with a high near 78, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
• We sent our new reporter, Jinsoo Henry Oh, out on a trip last Saturday on the inaugural ride of the new Hampton Bays trolley, which continues this weekend and launches six days a week through Labor Day beginning June 30. Read his account of the experience online here.
• The East End Seaport Museum in Greenport hosts the opening of photographer Chris Hamilton’s Baymens Exhibit tonight from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• Noah’s Restaurant in Greenport is working with Cornell Cooperative Extension’s marine program on a special dinner tomorrow night, June 23, using an ingredient being grown in a pilot program throughout the Peconic Estuary: Kelp. Find out the details online here.
• Sen Restaurant in Sag Harbor is hosting an afternoon of sushi, sake and a silent auction to benefit the purchase of the Sag Harbor Cinema this Sunday, June 25 from noon to 3 p.m. The entry fee is $30 and items will be available for auction from shops throughout the village. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our events calendar, online here.
• Looking ahead to next week, the Second Annual South Fork 100 percent Renewable Energy Forum will be held on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 from 1 to 6 p.m. at LTV Studios in Wainscott. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:35 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:43 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Greenport: 10:12 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:18 a.m., 11:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:07 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:34 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:41 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:05 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:28 a.m., 10:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:36 a.m., 10 p.m.
Greenport: 11:05 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:05 a.m., 12:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:59 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.