• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 35 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a northwest wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 18. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 33, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 45.
• Today’s Southampton Town Board work session has been cancelled. The Riverhead Town Board plans to discuss a proposed runway lease at EPCAL for ULC Robotics, the town’s monthly public safety report and loose leaf pickup at its 10 a.m. work session this morning..
• Our Between the Lines columnist, Tim Kelly, reflects this month on the loss of his brother Kevin on New Year’s Eve.
• Tonight is the weekly “Hangout” at the Southampton Arts Center’s “Takeover” exhibition. Every Thursday through April 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. Spend the evening with the artists, play ping pong, have a drink, socialize, and watch the creative process at play. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council hosts Laura Klahre, aka ‘The Bee Lady,’ for a talk about the importance of wild bees in our local environment tomorrow, Feb. 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center hosts a screening of “Death By Delivery,” about the dangers faced by women of color in America as they access prenatal health care on Saturday, Feb. 29 at noon. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:31 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
Greenport: 8:08 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:59 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:03 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:30 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:37 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:37 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:46 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:15 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:23 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Greenport: 852 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:48 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:47 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:14 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:21 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:26 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:35 a.m., 6 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.