This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.21.17
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 44 and northeast winds 5 to 7 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Wednesday is expected to start out cloudy, gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island will hold a community forum on immigration and civil rights tonight, Feb. 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Church at 2350 Montauk Highway. All are welcome to attend. RSVP at 631.899.3441.
• The Long Island Progressive Coalition’s Health Care Town Hall, which had been scheduled to be held at Riverhead’s First Baptist Church this Thursday, has been cancelled because the meeting place was no longer available. We’ll have more details if it is rescheduled.
• This year’s Tom Twomey Lecture Series at the East Hampton Library, which kicks off March 15, focuses on architecture, landscape design, the environment, local history and government, real estate, and food and wine. More details on the eight-month-long series are online here.
• Tickets are now on sale for Community Action Southold Town’s annual Have-A-Heart Dinner at Peconic Landing to be held this Thursday, Feb. 23, with two seatings at 5 and 7 p.m. Money raised from this lasagna dinner goes toward the organization’s winter emergency fund. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children. More details are online here.
• Sculptor and artist Cindy Pease-Roe will be continuing a special, four-month series of Upsculpting workshops at the Southampton Arts Center Thursday night, Feb. 23 at 6:30 p.m. More details are online here. [$20]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 5:11 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Orient: 6:12 a.m., 6:39 p.m.
Greenport: 6:40 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6:35 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:02 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:09 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:49 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 5:59 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Orient: 7 a.m., 7:24 p.m.
Greenport: 7:28 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:23 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:50 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:57 a.m., 9:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:46 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.