• We’re expecting a 20 percent chance of light rain before 9 a.m. today. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 53 degrees and a southwest wind 3 to 7 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy fog after midnight, with a low around 36. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 56. There’s a 30 percent chance of light rain Friday, mainly before noon, with a high near 53 degrees.
• In the wake of new information Tuesday on the national administration’s expected immigration policies, about 500 people showed up for an OLA forum in Bridgehampton Tuesday night to prepare immigrants and their families for the future. Our full story is online here.
• The Greenport Village ice skating rink in Mitchell Park is opening at 8 a.m. instead of its usual winter break opening at 11 a.m. today through Friday, so that ice skaters can take advantage of the better ice conditions that can be found in the colder early morning hours.
• The Riverhead Town Board holds its regular meeting tonight at 7 p.m. There are no public hearings on the agenda, which is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board work session initially scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled due to winter break.
• The Eastville Historical Society and Shelter Island’s Sylvester Manor will hold their second annual African-American History Month celebration with a discussion of food and culture this Sunday, Feb. 26 at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. Tickets ate $15 in advance or $20 at the door. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 5:59 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Orient: 7 a.m., 7:24 p.m.
Greenport: 7:28 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:23 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:50 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:57 a.m., 9:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:46 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:42 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Orient: 7:43 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Greenport: 8:11 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:06 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:33 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:40 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:38 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.