• In the midst of a nationwide effort to pressure Republican members of Congress on various aspects of President Donald Trump’s agenda at local town hall forums, East End Congressman Lee Zeldin has been notoriously absent from the usual spate of these winter break in-district constituent forums. He cancelled an April forum at Southampton’s Rogers Memorial Library. A separate expected town hall forum tonight on the Affordable Care Act, at which Mr. Zeldin was not scheduled to appear, has also been cancelled, reportedly due to a loss of meeting space. The Congressman is instead holding an hour-long telephone town hall session tonight from 7 to 8 p.m. You can opt-in to be on the call here.
• The Peconic Land Trust last week announced the sale of the Amagansett Farmers Market and farmland, a total of 9.33 acres, to Amber Waves Farm, which has been growing organic wheat, vegetables and herbs on the land adjacent to the Farmers Market since 2009. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Peconic River Community Development Alliance will hold a Black History Month Celebration with music and poetry tonight from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Riverhead Firehouse at 540 Roanoke Avenue. All are welcome to attend.
• Community Action Southold Town’s annual Have-A-Heart Dinner at Peconic Landing will be held tonight, Feb. 23, with two seatings at 5 and 7 p.m. Money raised from this lasagna dinner goes toward the organization’s winter emergency fund. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children. More details are online here.
• Greenport Village Trustee Douglas Roberts’ controversial resolution to make Greenport a “Welcoming Village,” a nod to the contributions immigrants have made to the community, is up for a vote at the village’s monthly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. Our full story will be online tomorrow.
• Today’s Riverhead and Southampton town board work sessions have been cancelled.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 6:42 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Orient: 7:43 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Greenport: 8:11 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:06 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:33 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:40 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:38 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:23 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Orient: 8:24 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Greenport: 8:52 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:47 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:14 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:21 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:24 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.