• The East End is beginning to dry out from the past couple days of rain, and we’re expecting partly sunny skies today, with a steady temperature around 50 degrees and a southwest wind 11 to 20 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Tomorrow will be mostly sunny, with a high near 38 degrees, Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 37, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell’s seventh annual State of the Town address will be tonight Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. in the town hall meeting room. Mr. Russell plans to inform the public of the town’s accomplishments in 2015 and discuss goals for 2016 and the future. There will be a discussion of town finances, legislative updates, environmental and planning initiatives as well as an evaluation of Town facilities and assets.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss blinking lights on County Road 39, the town’s waste management bid package and the Solar NY program at their 11:30 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss East Creek, fuel cell technology and payroll software at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the Bistrian CPF acquisition of .85 acres on Cross Highway in Amagansett, an amendment to the town code to ban alcohol during the summer at Indian Wells Beach and an update to the Veteran’s property tax exemption at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• Sag Harbor’s annual celebration of its harborfront in winter returns again this weekend for the sixth year in a row, with live music, fireworks, fire dancing, ice sculptures, a Culinary Stroll and a Frosty Plunge to raise money for the Sag Harbor Ambulance Corps. The full schedule of events is online here.
• Tonight begins the second weekend of the Long Island Winterfest concert series at vineyards and venues on the North Fork. Our listings for this weekend’s scheduled events are online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.