• We’re expecting high temperatures in the low 30s across the East End today, with snow developing this afternoon with about an inch of accumulation.
• Southampton Town is busy down in Flanders launching a new community garden at the David Crohan Community Center. Councilwoman Christine Scalera is planning the garden, with the help of Cornell Cooperative Extension. They will hold a garden meeting for the public at the Crohan Center, 655 Flanders Road, this coming Monday, March 3 from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Epic Martial Arts in Sag Harbor is hosting a self defense workshop for girls in 9th through 12th grade to benefit The Retreat tonight at 6:15. To reserve a spot in the workshop, contact Katie or Diane at 725-0481 or email@example.com. The course is free but there is a suggested donation of $15 to $20 to benefit The Retreat’s domestic violence services. Sensei Michelle Del Giorno is donating her time.
• Not only is the Hotel Indigo in Riverhead pet friendly, but they’re now starting a series of “Yappy Hours” with dog-themed drinks and treats for your pet while you both socialize at the hotel. More information is online here.
• The Rogers Memorial Library in Southampton will host a seminar on “Making Obamacare work for you” tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the Morris Meeting Room, downstairs.
• The North Fork Audubon Society is hosting a seminar on attracting ruby-throated hummingbirds to your garden on March 9 at 2 p.m. at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.