• Congressman Tim Bishop is looking for feedback on how people in this district feel about raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour. He’s posted a one question survey about it online here. Mr. Bishop was one of the leaders last week in a campaign to file a discharge petition in the house which would force the bill raising the minimum wage out of committee and to the floor for a vote if he gets 218 signatures. That’s signatures from members of Congress, not from you. But you can fill out his survey.
• As of 3 a.m., the National Weather Service in Upton is predicting between 3 and 6 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow morning. A winter weather advisory is in effect from 6 p.m. tonight until noon tomorrow.
• If anyone knows three-year-old (or perhaps 4 by now) Slade Lee Tyler, his bottle on a ship, launched last May from New Suffolk, sailed in to port recently. Folks on the North Fork would like him to know his ship came in.
• The state DEC has backed off on its plan to kill or capture all of the swans on Long Island, and is amending its management plan to include non-lethal methods of controlling the swan population. Our full story is online here.
• The Souper Bowls fundraiser to raise money for the Greenport and Southold school gardens will be held this afternoon from noon to 3 p.m. at the Greenport School. More information is online here.
• While you’re in Greenport, flamenco guitarist Francisco Roldán will be giving a free concert at the Floyd Memorial Library this afternoon at 2 p.m. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.