This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.7.20
• Rain is likely today, mainly before 1 p.m., with patchy fog before 10 a.m. and a high temperature near 55 degrees and an east wind 13 to 23 miles per hour, becoming west 24 to 34 mph in the afternoon, with gusts as high as 60 mph. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 27. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37 and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 41.
• The kick-off of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork’s annual Songwriters Share is this evening at 7:30 p.m., with singer-songwriter Inda Eaton playing to benefit Project MOST.
• Betelgeuse, the red supergiant star readily seen as a “shoulder” in the constellation Orion, has recently dramatically dimmed, fueling speculation that it may soon become a supernova. Astrophysicist Alan Calder will give a lecture sponsored by the Montauk Observatory on Betelgeuse’s future this evening at 6 p.m. at the Southampton Arts Center. More details are online here.
• Tonight is the kick-off for the 13th Long Island Winterfest at the Hotel Indigo in Riverhead. More details are online here.
• Motivational speaker Milton Creagh will give a talk on “how we process the information that we get from everyday life and how we can learn lessons from that information, good and bad” at the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center’s Thinking Forward Lecture Series this evening, Feb. 7 at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild’s annual “Valentine’s Extravaganza” Antiques, Fine Art & Crafts Fair will be held tomorrow, Feb. 8 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Peconic Recreation Center. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:03 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:11 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Greenport: 8:40 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:35 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:02 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:09 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:06 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:15 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Greenport: 9:25 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:20 a.m., 10:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:47 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:54 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:56 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:05 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.