• By the time you read this, today’s blizzard will be well underway. We’re under a blizzard warning from 3 a.m. to 6 p.m. today, with snow accumulations of 10 to 14 inches expected. We’re expecting north winds from 20 to 30 miles per hour, with gusts up to 45, visibility of one quarter mile or less and temperatures falling into the 20s throughout the afternoon. Skies are expected to clear tonight, with a low around 15, and tomorrow will be mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
• All East End schools are closed today. Today’s Southampton Town and Riverhead Town work sessions have been cancelled due to snow. Riverhead’s garbage collection will start one hour early, at 5 a.m., due to the snow, and Riverhead’s recreation programs have been cancelled. Southampton Town Hall is closed. We’re bound to have more cancellations as the day progresses.
• Greenport Village is warning residents that street parking is prohibited during today’s snowstorm, and cars parked on the street may be ticketed and towed at owners’ expense. Parking in municipal lots is permitted. Greenport and Sag Harbor villages also may be issuing summons to people who do not clear their commercial and residential sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowfall. Greenport Village offices are closed today.
• Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons will present “Sharing the Love! A Valentine’s Low Cost Vaccine & Microchip Clinic” this Saturday, Feb. 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event combines an open house and low-cost vaccine and microchip clinic. They will be offering FVRCP, DA2PP, Bordetella, Rabies and Microchipping for $10 each and an opportunity to meet ARF’s adoptable animals. No appointment is necessary. More details are online here.
• Tickets are now on sale for Community Action Southold Town’s annual Have-A-Heart Dinner at Peconic Landing on Feb. 23. Money raised from this lasagna dinner goes toward the organization’s winter emergency fund. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children. More details are online here.
• East End Arts has announced an open call for artist, artisan and crafts vendors for the fine arts and crafts fair at the 21st Annual Community Mosaic Street Painting Festival on Sunday, May 28 from noon to 5 p.m. in downtown Riverhead. Applications are available online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 7:19 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Orient: 8:20 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
Greenport: 8:48 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:43 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:10 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:17 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:34 a.m., 6:04 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 8:07 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Orient: 9:08 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Greenport: 9:36 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:31 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:58 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:05 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:24 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.