• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a northwest wind 15 to 21 miles per hour, gusting as high as 31. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 22. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 42 degrees and a west wind 8 to 17 miles per hour. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 40.
• Beacon Editor Beth Young will be on the Media Mavens on 88.3 WPPB this morning at 9 a.m. Tune in!
• “Aspiramos,” a non-profit organization whose purpose is to empower and educate Latino students who have graduated from Southampton School District, is organizing its first Latino Film Festival on this evening at 6:30 p.m. at Southampton High School. More details are online here.
• Montauk Observatory will be at the South Fork Natural History Museum this evening beginning at 7 p.m. for another Astronomy
Night. NASA Solar System Ambassador William Francis Taylor, will kick off the evening with a brief talk about Venus and Mercury,
followed by some outside observing.
• If you’re looking for a unique way to spend St. Patrick’s Day, Custer Observatory in Southold is hosting a Celtic harpist, beer tasting and a corned beef & cabbage dinner tomorrow, while the Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett is hosting several local singer-songwriters for a benefit for Share the Harvest Farm.
• This Sunday, March 18, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork will host a screening of “From One Mistake,” a new film by Hendel Leiva and Eliana Fernandez on immigration and hate crimes, after its 10:30 a.m. service. All are welcome to attend. The UUCF Meeting House is at 977 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:16 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Greenport: 10:45 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:35 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:40 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:19 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:45 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:53 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Greenport: 11:22 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:17 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:26 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:33 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:56 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.