Pictured Above: Crocuses still believe in spring.
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 42 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a northeast wind around 11 miles per hour There’s a 40 percent chance of showers after midnight, with mostly cloudy skies overnight and a low around 35. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers Tuesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 51. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 45.
• If we didn’t know it already, it became undeniable this week that the East End is not isolated from the rest of the world, and our aging residents are now at the front lines of the pandemic that has taken over the news. Here’s our weekend recap of the spread of the coronavirus on the East End in the past week.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell confirmed Sunday morning that there are now 18 positive cases of coronavirus in Southold Town, the highest number of any town in Suffolk County.
• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone has ordered all Suffolk County Schools be closed from tomorrow, Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27.
• We will be updating our coronavirus coverage throughout the day today.
• We’re able to do the work we do because of the support of our readers. Thank you!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:06 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:14 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
Greenport: 4:43 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:31 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:38 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:05 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:12 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:13 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:22 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:16 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:24 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Greenport: 5:53 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:36 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:48 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:15 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:22 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:11 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:20 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.