• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 58 degrees and a west wind 11 to 16 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 38. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 46 and a 50 percent chance of rain after 2 p.m.
• Riverhead Community Awareness Program has been awarded a federal five-year Mental Health Awareness Training Grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, providing $125,000 per year for CAP to coordinate Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid Training to individuals and organizations in Riverhead and the surrounding communities. Read More.
• The North Fork Environmental Council will hold a Zoom forum on the potential environmental impacts of storage buildings proposed at Strongs Yacht Center on the Mattituck Inlet tomorrow, March 22 at 7 p.m. Register by emailing email@example.com.
• The East Quogue Fire Department at 465 Montauk Highway, East Quogue will host a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2 to 8 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• Suffolk County reported 96 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, March 19, with 1.7 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 61 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with nine of them in ICU> The county reported no new fatalities from the virus on Saturday, and the death toll stands at 4,357 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:26 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: Noon
Greenport: 1:03 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:58 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:58 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:25 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:32 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:54 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:03 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:11 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:19 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Greenport: 1:48 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:42 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:43 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:10 a.m., 3:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:17 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:22 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:55 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.