• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 52 degrees and a northwest wind 9 to 14 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 33. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Wednesday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 46. We’re expecting rain on Thursday, with a high near 53.
• The North Fork Environmental Council will hold a Zoom forum on the potential environmental impacts of storage buildings proposed at Strongs Yacht Center on the Mattituck Inlet this evening at 7 p.m. Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Southampton Town Board holds a public hearing on accepting the gift of the Ellis Squires House property at 186 Newtown Road in Hampton Bays at its 6 p.m. regular meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The National Wildlife Federation and the Quogue Wildlife Refuge are holding a Zoom program this evening at 5 p.m. to learn how to create a welcoming haven for local wildlife. Here’s where to register.
• Suffolk County reported 59 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, March 20, with 1.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 57 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 10 of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,358 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:11 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:19 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Greenport: 1:48 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:42 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:43 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:10 a.m., 3:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:17 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:22 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:55 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:02 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:10 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Greenport: 2:39 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:33 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:34 a.m., 3:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:01 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:08 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:15 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:54 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.