• We’re expecting patchy fog before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 55 degrees and a northeast wind around 10 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers tonight, and an 80 percent chance of showers Friday morning. The high Friday will be near 60 degrees, with a south wind 15 to 20 miles per hour. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 51 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 52 degrees.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the proposed elevation of Dune Road in Hampton Bays and the renovation of the Ponquogue Beach Pavilion at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board has also agreed to a pilot program to change the traffic light at the intersection of Tuckahoe Road and CR 39 to a blinking light Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, April 19, 20 and 21 between the hours of 6 and 9 a.m., in an attempt to ease traffic congestion during the morning commute. More information is online here.
• The Suffolk County Legislature has agreed to appraise two parcels comprising 44 acres known as Sharpers Hill in Jamesport, which is slated for development as a shopping center, but could be preserved by the county. More information is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board work session this morning has been cancelled.
• East End Arts in Riverhead has extended the deadline for submissions to its Fifth National Art Show and Exhibition. Online entries were due April 5, but will now be accepted up until April 12 for an additional fee. The show opens August 5. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.