• We’re expecting 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly after 2 p.m., with areas of fog, cloudy skies and a high near 54, with a light east wind increasing to 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning. We’re expecting showers overnight, with a low around 42. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 62 and patchy fog before 1 p.m. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers Friday, with cloudy skies and a high near 62.
• The Southold Town Board will hold its second virtual public input/informational meeting on its Southold Town Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative Plan this evening at 7 p.m. The plan can be viewed online here and the Zoom link for the meeting is online here.
• Suffolk County reported 529 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, with 4.7 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 399 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 71 of them in ICU. The county reported two new Covid-19 deaths, bringing the death toll here to 3,209 people.
• Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor and the Southampton African American History Museum host a special online presentation of the 1965 documentary “Martin Luther King Jr: A Personal Portrait” tomorrow, March 25, at 8 p.m. via Zoom. Here are more details.
• Our recipe specialist columnist, Alison Boyd, whips up a great fresh spiced shrimp dish for her March column, with a bulgur pilaf and a savoy cabbage and dill salad. Read more on our sister website, The Peconic Dish.
• Cutchogue’s Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild is hosting its third national juried show, “Sources of Inspiration,” opening Aug. 27, and is now accepting entries through July 31. Here’s how to enter.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:23 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:31 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Greenport: 8 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:29 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:22 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:29 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:51 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:07 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:15 a.m., 7:37 p.m.
Greenport: 8:44 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:24 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:06 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:13 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:53 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:02 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.