• We’re expecting areas of fog before 9 a.m. today, with mostly sunny skies and a high temperature near 56, with a northeast wind 5 to 8 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 38. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Wednesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 53. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.
• Riverhead Town is embarking on a public input process in the coming weeks for its proposed Town Square in downtown Riverhead. Here’s more.
• The Southold Town Board is slated to discuss renewable energy projects, the town’s Economic Development Committee, the opening of town buildings, the town’s justice review task force, the Love Lane traffic study and a proposed forum on big houses at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The town board has two public hearings on changes to Southold’s ethics code scheduled for its 7 p.m. regular meeting tonight. The full agenda for both meetings is online here. The work session can be accessed via Zoom here and the regular meeting can be accessed via Zoom here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on local review of mining and land reclamation, on having the town board instead of the zoning board conduct review of non-conforming uses, and on the potential acquisition of land in Eastport and Flanders at its 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda and here’s how to log in to the meeting.
• The North Fork Environmental Council and the North Fork Audubon Society will hold a Zoom forum with Roxanne Zimmer of Cornell Cooperative Extension this Thursday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. on “The Magic of Compost.” Email email@example.com for the login link.
• Suffolk County reported 612 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, March 21, with 5.7 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 393 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 73 of them in ICU. The county reported five new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,207 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:32 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:40 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Greenport: 7:09 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:04 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:31 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:38 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:44 a.m., 5:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:53 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:23 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:31 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Greenport: 8 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:29 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:22 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:29 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:51 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.