• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of drizzle or light rain before 7 a.m. today, with areas of fog before 11 a.m. Otherwise, skies are going to clear throughout the day today, with a high near 64 and a calm wind, becoming southwest around 5 miles per hour in the afternoon. We’re expecting increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 46. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers Friday, mainly before 1 p.m., with skies gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 64. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 59.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss Transit Oriented Development, a Riverhead High School senior class project, a Solid Waste Management District plan and recommendations for the DC-1 zoning district at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a proposed new Marina Waterfront Business District and town board member projects at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, which contains the login information.
• The North Fork Environmental Council and the North Fork Audubon Society will hold a Zoom forum with Roxanne Zimmer of Cornell Cooperative Extension this Thursday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. on “The Magic of Compost.” Email email@example.com for the login link.
• Suffolk County reported 665 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, March 23, with 4.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 390 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 80 of them in ICU. The county reported five new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,214 people.
• Also, this yesterday from the New York Marine Rescue Center:
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:07 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:15 a.m., 7:37 p.m.
Greenport: 8:44 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:24 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:06 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:13 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:53 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:02 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:49 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:57 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Greenport: 9:26 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:14 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:21 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:48 a.m., 11:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:55 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:47 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:56 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.