• We’re expecting increasing clouds, with a high near 83 degrees today and a northwest wind 5 to 9 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. There’s an 80 percent chance of showers tonight, with possibly a thunderstorm after midnight and a low around 60 degrees. Friday we’re expecting rain before 8 a.m., then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 76 degrees. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain on Saturday and a 70 percent chance of rain on Sunday, with highs in the low 70s this weekend.
• LTV in East Hampton announced this month that the cable access channel now covers East Hampton Trustees meetings, which are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of most months, after years of insistence from the public that the meetings be televised. Meetings will be available through video on demand on LTV’s website on Wednesdays. Regular programming is Thursdays at 9 p.m.; Saturdays at 5 a.m.; Sundays at midnight and Mondays at 3 p.m..
• To cut down on harmful pesticide use, Peconic Landing invited some feathered friends to come combat insects like ticks the natural way. More than 100 guinea hens will soon be roaming there 144 acre campus! These little guys pictured at right are only 10 days old.
• David Berson, Merchant Marine Licensed Captain, former relief skipper and celestial navigator instructor, will lead a discussion on “Following the Stars” tonight at 7 p.m. at the East End Seaport Museum. More information is online here.
• Group for the East End will host a program titled “Let’s Talk Honeybees” at Downs Farm Preserve in Cutchogue tonight at 6 p.m. More information is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss this year’s JumpstART! program, a village center, the town’s grant policy and cyber insurance at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.