This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.29.18
• There’s a 20 percent chance of light rain today, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 53. It will be cloudy overnight, with a low around 46 degrees, areas of fog, and a 30 percent chance of light rain. We’re expecting showers on Friday, mainly between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., with a high near 55 degrees. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 52.
• The roller skating rink at the Greenport American Legion is now open for select hours throughout the week, but they need volunteers to help keep the skating going. If you’re interested in helping out, contact the rink’s general manager, Mindy Ryan, at 631.298.0125. For more information, visit their Facebook page.
• The Hampton Theatre Company’s new production of “The Boys Next Door,” a tender look into the lives of four men living in a communal residence, continues this evening for its second weekend. The Beacon’s review is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a code enforcement report and a town hall security plan at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the town’s IT department, environmental review, Safe Routes to School, a request for information on the EPCAL recreation zone and the municipal garage at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith is scheduled to give her first State of the Town address on Tuesday, April 10 at 6 p.m. at Riverhead Town Hall. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:54 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
Greenport: 9:31 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:28 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:26 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:53 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:14 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:41 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:49 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Greenport: 10:18 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:19 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:13 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:40 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:47 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:04 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.