• North Fork Bob, the osprey, is back in Downs Creek in Cutchogue as of April 11, after spending the winter in the wilds of Venezuela. Bob, who has come home too late to find a nesting site since he was fitted with a radio transmitter by ornithologists four years ago, returned home on April 4 last year. Ospreys usually begin coming back to the East End around St. Patrick’s Day.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss renovation projects at the airport, the potential to limit alcohol use at town beaches, and the ever-popular definition of light trucks at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall today. Their full agenda is online here.
• Southampton Town has announced that they’re accepting volunteers for the annual Great East End Cleanup, to be held on the weekend of April 26 and 27. Registration information is online here.
• East End Clinical Connection will host a networking session for mental health professionals and a lecture on suicide prevention at Southampton Hospital’s Parrish Hall beginning at 8 a.m. today. The Beacon’s full story on their work is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will meet tonight at 7 p.m. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss septic systems and stormwater requirements at their 1 p.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• If you didn’t do your taxes yet, we have no advice for you.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.