This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.18.22
• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high temperature near 53 degrees and a northeast wind 6 to 16 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a steady temperature around 46. Rain will continue into Tuesday morning, with skies gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 54. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 56.
• Earth Day will be celebrated in force on the East End this year beginning on April 22, and continuing through the weekend with a pent-up schedule of in-person events after two years of muted celebration. Get the details.
• Hamptons Doc Fest will inaugurate spring next Earth Day weekend with its annual Docs Equinox celebration, four days of live programming of four dramatic documentary films and Q&As highlighting the importance of taking care of our fragile world. Read More.
• The Southold Town Police are holding “Coffee with a Cop,” a chance to ask questions, voice concerns and get to know the officers in your community this coming Saturday, April 23 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Layyah Convenience Store, 331 Front Street in Greenport.
• The William Steeple Davis Trust of Orient is now accepting applications for an artist-in-residence for the period of October 15, 2022 through October 1, 2023. Applications are due by June 1, 2022. Here are more details.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:46 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:54 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Greenport: 12:23 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:49 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:13 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:20 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:50 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:59 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:01 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:43 a.m.
Greenport: 12:38 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:35 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:33 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:07 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:41 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:50 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.