This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.2.18
• We’re expecting 3 to 5 inches of snow before it stops falling mid-day today, with snowfall heavy at times and a high near 40 degrees, with a northeast wind 7 to 10 miles pr hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 28. We’re expecting rain Tuesday, with a high near 45 degrees and a southeast wind 5 to 13 mph. Showers are likely Wednesday, with a possible afternoon thunderstorm and a high near 57 degrees.
• The Beacon’s print edition celebrated its first anniversary yesterday. Read our reflections on our first year online here.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons will hold a forum on “Immigration and Its Impact on the South Fork next Monday, April 9 at 7 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library. More details are online here.
• A local March For Science will be held on the Peconic Riverfront behind Riverhead’s Main Street on Saturday, April 14 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. hosted by North Fork Audubon, Audubon New York and 2018 March for Science. More details are online here.
• Despite today’s snow, spring is really here. As proof, Southold and Southampton towns have set the dates for their spring leaf and brush pickup programs. Southold will begin picking up leaves and brush in Laurel on April 16, and work their way east. More details are online here. Southampton’s spring cleanup begins April 23. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:59 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:07 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Greenport: 12:08 a.m., 12:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:09 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:30 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:37 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:19 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:54 a.m.
Greenport: 12:54 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:51 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:49 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:16 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:23 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:05 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.