• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 48 degrees and a light southeast wind, increasing to 6 to 11 miles per hour in the morning. We’re expecting rain tonight, mainly after 11 p.m., with a low around 37. Rain will taper off Wednesday morning, with gradually clearing skies and a high near 59. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
• The Southold Historical Society’s Winter Lecture Series continues this afternoon at 4 p.m. with a talk on “The History of our Local Edible Oyster” by Mark Cappellino, a marine educator with Cornell Cooperative Extension at Peconic Landing in Greenport. More details are online here. [Free]
• The Flanders Village Historical Society and Friends of The Big Duck invite everyone to attend an author talk by Dr. Susan Van Scoy, author of “The Big Duck and Eastern Long Island’s Duck Farming Industry” this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center, 655 Flanders Road in Flanders. It’s free and refreshments will be served.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the relocation of the bathing beach at Albert’s Landing and a southern pine beetle remediation project on Swamp Road at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special work session with the Town Trustees this afternoon at 1 p.m. to discuss state legislation and the Trustees’ budget.
• The Riverhead Town Board has numerous public hearings scheduled for its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon, including one on changes to regulations on rentals in mobile home parks, one on blighted properties, one on improvements to the water district and one on changes to the town’s special events code. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:01 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Greenport: 9:38 a.m., 9:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:29 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:07 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:03 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:40 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Greenport: 10:17 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:10 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:12 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:39 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:46 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:44 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:54 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.