This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.1.19
• It will be sunny and breezy today, with a high near 50 degrees and a a northwest wind 15 to 21 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 29. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 49. Wednesday will start out mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 59.
• Poet Miranda Beeson graces us with a beautiful and timely work this month. Here’s what our poetry editor, Billy Hands, has to day about her contribution: “Thought provoking and cunning, Miranda Beeson has more than a knack to lead the reader through a well thought out event. Accomplished in her art, she invites us to sit on the passenger side of her pen and steer us down her lane of view.” Read Cutchogue, April 1, 41.0107° N, 72.4851° W.
• The U.S. Department of Citizen and Immigration Services announced Friday that it has released 30,000 new H2B temporary work visas for the April 1 to Sept. 30 period this year — nearly doubling the number of visas available after a record number of applications were submitted. Many East End employers count on seasonal H2B visa holders to work here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council and the North Fork Audubon Society will hold a meeting of their Plastic Reduction and Elimination Project this Thursday, April 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center, 1170 Peconic Lane in Peconic. All are welcome to attend.
• Today, April Fool’s Day, is the second anniversary of the launch of The Beacon’s print edition. We may be fools for loving newsprint, but we’re betting some of you out there are the same kind of fools. Subscribe to our print edition online here. Our April edition is now on newsstands throughout the East End!
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:20 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:28 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Greenport: 8:57 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:44 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:52 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:19 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:26 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:17 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:26 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:01 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Greenport: 9:38 a.m., 9:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:29 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:07 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:03 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.