• The weekend is looking kinda nice, but we won’t be happy around here until the temperature breaks 55. We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 53 but wind chill values between 20 and 30 early, with a northwest wind 15 to 18 miles per hour, gusting as high as 28. We’re expecting patchy frost after 3 a.m. tomorrow, but otherwise it will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 30. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 55 but wind chill values between 20 and 30 early, with a west wind 9 to 14 miles per hour. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 53 and a northwest wind around 8 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island is holding a community meeting to let Americans know what they can do to help their immigrant friends and neighbors in these difficult times next Wednesday, April 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church in Sag Harbor. All are welcome.
• We’ve received two letters this week from members of the Southampton Town Anti-Bias Task Force urging the community to report hate crimes. They are online here. We like letters! Send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Earth Day is this coming weekend, and the East End is chock full of events, from running races to hikes, film screenings to beach cleanups and forums on climate change and the environment. More details are online here.
• Also, today is the closing day for East End Arts’ Cannabis exhibition at their gallery on East Main Street in Riverhead. That’s the only 4/20 friendly news we have to report.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:28 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Greenport: 2:05 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:59 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:27 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:34 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:30 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:25 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:33 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Greenport: 3:02 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:55 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:57 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:24 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:31 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:30 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.