• Today will be sunny and breezy, with a high temperature near 60 degrees and a west wind 15 to 22 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 45. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 65. We’re expecting rain on Sunday, mainly before 1 p.m., with a high near 60 degrees.
• The Village of Sag Harbor is holding a public meeting this afternoon at 3 p.m. to “discuss Sag Harbor’s Waterfront Development Plans and hear the comments and concerns of the community” at the John Steinbeck Waterfront Park at the foot of the bridge. Here’s more info.
• The Parrish Art Museum presents a special live-stream evening of conversation and performance with visual artist, musician, filmmaker, and educator Lonnie Holley this evening at 6 p.m. Here are more details.
• The Hamptons Doc Fest’s Docs Equinox festival continues this weekend, with programming centered around all things celebrating the Earth. Here’s more info.
• The North Fork Environmental Council will hold its annual Earth Day 5K at the Calverton Memorial Park this Sunday at 9 a.m. The event raises money for the group’s scholarship program. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 356 new cases of Covid-19 on April 21, with 2 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 261 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 61 of them in ICU and 23 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported four new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,327 people.
• As of Thursday, 621,660 Suffolk County residents — 42 percent of the population — had received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, while 414,671 people — 30 percent of the population — had received a full vaccination series.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:38 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Greenport: 8:07 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:49 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:29 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:36 a.m., 10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:14 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:23 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:16 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:24 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Greenport: 8:53 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:43 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:15 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:22 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:13 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:22 a.m., 6 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.