• There’s a slight chance of snow and sleet before 10 a.m., then a chance of rain after 10 a.m., but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 44 degrees. We’re expecting light rain and patchy fog overnight, with temperatures rising to around 51 by 5 a.m. Wednesday. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm Wednesday, with a high near 56. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 46.
• Our cooking gurus Alison Boyd and William Sertl love to experiment and try new things. But sometimes, in the doldrums of winter, Sertl gets lazy. In this month’s Let’s Cook! column, Alison gets Sertl to up his game, with a great recipe for Spicy Vindaloo Chicken.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island’s annual Pachanga dance party is this Friday night at Bay Street Theatre, this year featuring Mambo Loco and MilaTina in celebration of women. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss Deepwater Wind’s community benefits package and environmental report for the wind farm they’ve proposed off of Montauk, the East Hampton YMCA, the Wainscott Water District, digitization of town records and the town’s capital budget at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. More details are online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold public hearings on restrictions on bamboo planting, on exterior lighting standards, and on definitions of commercial floor area at their 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss boats stored on town property, a cell tower buyout, shared services on stormwater regulation compliance and a liaison to the Shelter Island Golf Club at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:54 a.m.
Greenport: 12:54 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:51 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:49 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:16 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:23 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:05 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:11 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Greenport: 1:40 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:34 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:35 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:02 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:09 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:52 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.