This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.4.19
• It will be sunny today, with a high near 54 degrees and a west wind 11 to 15 miles per hour. With low humidity and steady winds today, we are under a fire weather watch from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 30. We’re expecting rain on Friday, mainly after 3 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 47. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain before 9 a.m., with skies clearing throughout the day and a high near 58.
• While the East End has been focused on the development of the South Fork Wind Farm, a 130-megawatt offshore turbine installation about 30 miles off the coast of Montauk, the offshore wind industry has been gearing up for major expansion up and down the eastern seaboard. This month, we take an exclusive look inside this burgeoning industry.
• On Friday, April 5 at 7:30 p.m., Dr. Christopher Gobler of Stony Brook University will present his annual lecture: “State of the Bays 2019: “Building resilience against climate change while we can” in the Duke Lecture Hall of Chancellor’s Hall on the Stony Brook Southampton Campus. All are welcome to attend. More details are online in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a request for proposals for a comprehensive plan update and the future use of the TAG building at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board is expected to hold a work session this morning at 10 a.m. Their agenda is expected to be posted here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on a CPF acquisition and on amendments to the nature preserve section of the town code at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:18 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:26 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
Greenport: 10:55 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:48 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:50 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:04 a.m., 12:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:22 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:31 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:05 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
Greenport: 11:34 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:03 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:29 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:34 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:41 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:58 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:07 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.