• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high temperature near 52 degrees and a northwest wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. It will be cloudy overnight, with a low around 38. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a 20 percent chance of rain after noon. We’re expecting rain on Wednesday, with a high near 52 and new precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
• The Peconic Jitney passenger water taxi connecting Sag Harbor and Greenport could return this summer, if both villages and Suffolk County agree to the arrangement. Read More.
• The North Fork Breast Health Coalition will again celebrate breast cancer survivors, providers and caregivers at the Annual Pink Pearl Gala on April 8 from 6 to 10 p.m. at East Wind Long Island, 5720 Route 25A, Wading River. Seating for the inspiring, wear-pink or -teal event will be available for $125 per person and $95 for breast-cancer survivors through www.northforkbreasthealth.org.
• The East End Seaport Museum is sponsoring a scholarship for a Southold student to study to become a lifeguard in Southold Town waters this summer. Scholarship applications must be received by May 6. Here’s more info.
• Suffolk County reported 162 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, April 2, with 2.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 56 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with five of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,365 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:01 p.m.
Greenport: 1:01 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:55 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:23 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:30 a.m., 2:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:11 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:08 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:16 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Greenport: 1:45 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:34 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:40 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:07 a.m., 3:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:14 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:14 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:57 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.